Owl Time

This week Audrey and I dissected owl pellets which are sort of like hairballs they contain bones and hair we found a big skull. I think we found a pretty good variety of bones. I wore some gloves so my hands wouldn’t get dirty. We made a creature with our bones we use two big rodent Skulls  that we found on the top part. And worked our way down we sort of made octopus tentacles with all of our little bones. We got to watch this cool  movie called hoot I thought it was funny we haven’t watch the whole thing yet. I have a lot of questions about the movie, that I’ll probably find out later on. I’m also researching about the whet owl I think owls are cool. I’m glad we’re doing these activities so I can learn more about them.We also listened to this funny song about adaptation. My three questions are what types of owls live in Michigan. What climates do owls live in. In addition, are they illegal to hunt? In conclusion, I had a awesome week and look forward to learning more about owls

2 thoughts on “Owl Time”

1. Great post! I am glad you enjoyed dissecting the pellets and I liked your sculpture. Owls are really cool and I especially like your owl the Saw Whet. I don’t believe it is legal to hunt owls and it would be difficult because they are active at night and hard to see during the day. I would also hope people wouldn’t want to!

Let me help you post an image.

2. Hi Aiden! I remember doing this same project! I liked the movie hoot too! Your creature was very creative. Each of your bones look different so it’s very interesting. Why did you make an octopus? I saw it has two skulls. Why is that? I’m glad you had so much fun doing owls, I did too.