Soap 🧼

I made soap with my mom here’s how we made it .

Step one melt soap. We did a small batch in the microwave. I choose Shea Butter soap because it is vegetable base and vegan. Shea butter is fat that is extracted from the nuts of the Shea tree. The Shea tree is native to West Africa.

Step two add Mica powder and essential oil.  Mica powder is from Mica which is a natural stone mineral, it is naturally sparkly. I chose ones with a green hue to them. I then choose to add peppermint and sweet orange essential oil to my soap. Essential oil comes from distilling plant material using steam.

Step three pour the soap into the molds. I choose a loaf mold that you slice after. I picked a pattern that we had to pour different colors after each batch hardened. I tilted the mold from side to side after each pour. That is how I created the pattern.

After 24 hours then you take it out and cut it.

Now I’m done with the steps I’m going to talk about my experience. It was fun I got to smell some oil and read what it does then after that my mom and I started making soap. I wanted to use bright colors and greens because it was a peppermint scent. Ounce we were done it was really cool we use the special mold to get the angle to make the pattern.

One thought on “Soap 🧼”

1. Dear Aiden, I think it is really cool that you used shia butter for soap. I didn’t know that your soap used shia butter. Is the soap edible? Sincerely, Brody Warren.