Painting sticks😆

Last weekend my parents and I went on the property to collect sticks for Miss Ivy’s stick painting project. Originally she wanted us to take it to the school but instead we made a cool bird feeder. We took sticks and then painted them once they were dry we came back and painted the other side. We also collected pinecones and rolled them in peanut butter then in all kinds of bird seed. After a little bit we put the sticks into a pole where our bird feeder was. We then hung the birdseed pinecones on the sticks. After a little while We saw all kinds of birds including Robbins ,Blue Jays, and doves to name a few. I am taking pictures on my phone and looking up all the different kinds of birds. Here is a chart of all the different kinds of birds in Michigan.  My question is what is your favorite bird.

3 thoughts on “Painting sticks😆”

1. Great post-Aidan and so glad you did this great project that Ivy assigned. What was the most frequent bird you saw? What is your favorite bird? I have many favorites but my top ones are cardinals, chickadees, and crows. All for different reasons. I am enjoying the wood ducks on my pond. I am thinking about doing a unit on birds yet this year!

2. The bird feeder looks great with your colorful addition! What a great idea to hang the pine cone feeders from the branches.

We spotted a Red-naped Sapsucker at our house for the first time. Looking forward to hearing about the birds you spy. I highly recommend finding a picture of one of the birds you see and drawing it! It helps hone in on the details of a creature to REALLY get to know it 🙂

3. Dear Aidan,

I liked your Idea of making bird feeders. We have also been making bird feeders. Also, I would very much like to see the pictures that you took of all the different kinds of birds that visited your feeder. That sounds great! To answer your question, my favorite bird (so far) is the Kiwi Bird.

Your excessively quarantined friend,

Harrison Jeffries